Friday, September 17, 2010

My mom

My mom is one of the strongest women I know. I always feel so encouraged by her strength and her wisdom. My mom has gone through some horrible things in her life, but she has chosen to keep her faith in the Lord strong through it all. Right now my mom is taking on a new role. She is full time mom, full time Grandma, full time wife and now full time nurse. She loves each of us so much and shows her love for us all the time. I know that she is scared about my dad's illness and worried about the future. She still is choosing to praise God through this very hard trial. I have learned so much from my mom over the years. Even though we did not always get along I knew that there was nothing I could ever do that would cause her to love me less. She has sacrificed so much for her daughters and made her family a top priority, always. One of my favorite memories of my mom is when she would write me cards and hide them in my luggage. Whenever I would go to camp or any place over night my mom would write a hard of encouragement for me and hide it in my bag. Even though I expected to find a card every time it still was exciting to find the card shoved into my suitcase. This is a tradition that I have now carried on and this summer I wrote special notes for all the girls I took to camp and hid the note in their bags. They were so excited, just like I was. I wish I could be a better encouragement for my Mom right now. It is hard being far away, but I always stand firm in knowing that God has me in the exact place that he wants me, and right now that is in Chicago to finish college.

Mom, if you're reading this; know that you are loved very much. We all are here to support you and give you strength when you feel like you have none left. Thank you for always supporting me and guiding me in my faith with Jesus Christ. You have been a huge inspiration for me, and I am ever so thankful. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment