Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Who is it?

Who is it that you truly do NOT like? We all have people in our lives that we simply do NOT enjoy spending time around or when we are around them we have negative view of them in our mind. I know I have people like that in my life. This is not something I am proud of because it is SIN. I am jealous of many people either because of their talents compared to mine, or because they have something that I don't or because they're close to a person that I wish I was closer with.

I was reminded today in chapel that instead of HATING these people silently we should instead PRAY for them. This is something that I need to do more regularly. I tried it today, it was NOT easy, because I am a SINNER and wanted nothing more than to be angry and judgmental toward this person. But instead the HOLY SPIRIT whispered in my ear and reminded me that God HATES my sin and by judging this person I was sinning.

So think about it... Who is that person or people that you simply can NOT stand to be around or that you're constantly jealous of? Next time instead of seeing them and being angry or jealous, PRAY FOR THEM! I know this is not a simple thing, but lets do it together. This MIGHT, just MAYBE change our relationship with that person or people in a positive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment