Friday, October 15, 2010

The LORD has guided my steps...

A week ago the directors of LifeBuilder's came to Chicago to visit their son, and made time to have lunch with me and talk with me during the afternoon. To make a long story short....

I'M GOING TO RETURN TO DETROIT AND WORK WITH LIFEBUILDERS FULL TIME IN JANUARY!

This has been a prayer of mine basically since I arrived in Detroit. The first couple weeks I was there my heart still was at Camp Kearney was I longed to be there. But as those weeks passed my heart began to be moved by all the people I was interacting with on a daily basis. I began to become a little scared. I remember sitting in my apartment praying and wondering if this is where God was leading me after graduation. At the time that seemed like a crazy thought, and I doubted the idea for the better part of my time at LifeBuilders. As my final days approached and I became anxious about leaving and realized how much my heart was aching about leaving I began to wonder again... could this be it?

I called my Grandma while still in Detroit and talked about packing up and coming home and she said to me, " Now, don't you leave anything up there, like you think you're going back or something, because you're not!" Hearing those words I had such a weird feeling in my spirit that in fact I was going to return.

More information will come soon, I promise. But for now, please just be in prayer for me and for those living in the community around LifeBuilders. I believe completely that God has led me specifically to LifeBuilders for this new season of my life. It could be for a year, 3 years, 5 years, or longer. For now I will step out in faith as I anticipate my first official ministry position outside of college. God is good, and I feel his blessing upon my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment