Saturday, February 12, 2011

Hello friends and family :)
I have been so busy here at Lifebuilders, and have not stopped to update this in awhile. I love that each of you can experience God's work in Detroit through what i'm doing here. Great things are happening here. I have been hosting an after "hang out" time every Monday and Thursday for teenage girls. It has been great having the girls come and just chill with me. We play games, have a snack and I give a short devotional from the Bible. Tuesday nights is when we have our programed night; it is called H2O. I have been put in charge of picking kids up in the van, and then teaching the memory verse for the week. It is fun teaching the verse because I am able to use some of the methods I learned at Camp Kearney. Something we are VERY excited about is coming up in March. We are launching an after school program for children. Kids 1st-5th grade will come to LifeBuilders Monday-Thursday for tutoring. We don't have all the logistics worked out yet, but it is going to be great, I already know! We are still looking for volunteers, and still have spots available for kids. So please pray that God will send people our way that can help out. I've been trying to get girls together to do "spontaneous" bible studies, but since they are in school it is a little more difficult that I expected.

The support I need to remain at LifeBuilders is coming in. I am so thankful for every person and family that has sacrificially given to support me. I have been overwhelmed with the response I have gotten from people. If you still want to give to support me you can do so at any time. Most importantly I need your prayers. So please, please, please pray for me and for what God is doing in and through LifeBuilders.

No comments:

Post a Comment