Friday, February 18, 2011

Always give back

A friend of mine is going to the Philippines soon to do mission work. He sent something out on Facebook asking for support and my first thought was, " I wish I could, but I can't afford it." Time passed and his trip remained on my mind for quite some time. I began praying about giving to his trip, and the Lord put it on my heart to give him a small donation. Yesterday I donated to his trip, and prayed that it would be a blessing to him. It is no secret that I am living on a tight budget, as most missionaries do. Today my boss, Marilyn, handed me a fifty dollar bill and said that a friend of hers came by her house the other day and told her to give this to the girl who has come to work for you, just because. Marilyn just remembered to give it to me today, if she had remembered to give it to me on Wednesday or even yesterday when she saw me, it might not have meant the same to me. But because she gave it to me today, I just felt an overwhelming feeling that this was straight from God. I was obedient in giving to my friend and God was showing me that even in times of small dollar amounts in my bank account, that he will turn around and bless me all the more.

I hope that you can sense God's blessing on you this week. There might be things that God decides to bless you with that you might not even realize. Take some time, right now, and consider all the many blessings that God has given to you. When I begin to think about all the great things he has done for me, my family and my friends and all the blessings he pours out on us, tears just fill my eyes. Let the Lord touch your heart and then thank HIM for the wonderful things and people HE has blessed you with.

No comments:

Post a Comment