Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Not just a new kidney... but a SUPER KIDNEY!

I apologize for the long delay between updates, I really have no excuse other than working long days/nights and coming home completely exhausted. Anyways.... as most of you know my Dad had a kidney transplant almost a month ago. Every single aspect of this story was weaved together by God all of HIS GLORY! From the beginning, back in July when Marian first offered to donate her kidney all the way to the surgery and recovery. The day before the surgery our church family gathered at Efree to pray over both my Dad and Marian... Wow, prayer were definitely answered. The surgeon had told us that most people won't "receive" the new kidney right away, and that it could take hours or sometimes even days for the new kidney to "wake up." Well, Marian's kidney began working in my Dad's body ON THE OPERATING TABLE! Now, I've been thinking about this and laughing because for some reason we were surprised that something this amazing could happen.... Of course it could happen, because God was involved! So, not only did the surgery go amazing, but both of their recoveries were quick and for Marian almost pain free. The surgeon told my Dad on the day after that he was about 2 days ahead of most patients when it came to his recovery. The surgery was on a Monday and by Noon on Wednesday Marian was heading home. My Dad followed the next day on Thursday. Things could not have gone any better, God knew what was happening, and i'm sure was smiling down on us all. Since the surgery my Dad has still continued to heal and recover quickly... his numbers are back to normal and people are still amazed at how well he is doing. I just keep reminding myself that it is ALL GOD... Praise HIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment