Friday, June 4, 2010

I've arrived in Detroit. I guess now it should start to feel real, but still feels like a dream. I havent started much of my internship duties yet. They said to take the weekend and let it all soak in and become familiar with everything. Come Monday thats when it all starts. I'm excited because I know that i'm going to be expected to work hard and I know that I can do it. I'm going to be included in meetings and such which will be interesting, I like stuff like that; planning and organizing. I like to be the behind the scenes person, but i'm also good at being the up front person. I still have a lot of questions and i'm still going to be learning the ropes for a few weeks i'm sure. But it feels good to actually be here; in the neighborhood and in my apartment. God has blessed me so much with LifeBuilders already and I just got here. The directors, Marilyn and Larry have treated me just like one of their very own. They renovated this apartment for me and it is beautiful. They are going to help me pay for gas and groceries, which is an unexpected blessing. Praise God for the small things. I'm still missing being at Camp Kearney, but I know once things begin to pick up around here that feeling will begin to fade. I'm so excited to take this adventure, and even more excited to know that God is with me every step of the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment