Monday, June 7, 2010

Tonight I'm missing people. There is such a fine line that is truly bitter sweet. I know that I am exactly where God wants me for this exact moment in time. He has guided my steps to this city and shown me direction. But yet I still struggle leaving PEOPLE behind. This stage of my life is so unique. I have a presence in so many places. Canton, Chicago @ Moody, and now Detroit. I have connections with people all over the world. People in Romania, the Philippines, Central Illinois, all my friends from Moody who are now spread throughout the world this summer, all those who I have worked with at Camp Kearney and still continue relationships with. All these people I love so deeply, yet for God's purpose I am not able to be in community with them at this point in time. I have to continue to TRUST God in all circumstances, because I wish all the time that I could be in 10 places at once, but unfortunately that is not possible. So for now I sit in Detroit, after a long day of connecting with neighbors and attending meetings and bible studies, and I miss those people far away that I love so much. "Lord Jesus touch my heart tonight, make my joy complete in you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment