Friday, June 4, 2010

a little scared...

Its time to move on. The past 4 summers have been completely planned out for me. I knew exactly what to expect and exactly what my job title and position were. That is no longer the case. This week has been a hard week, its been a dose of reality... my days at Camp Kearney are over. I want nothing more than to be at camp right now helping run orientation. Thats what I love to do and i'm good at it. I'm COMFORTABLE there! But God has decided that i'm not going to be comfortable this summer. He is taking me to the big, scary, and dangerous city of Detroit. Of all the cities in the country, DETROIT... really?! I have seen doors open and experienced blessings beyond belief, but i'm still scared. I'm stepping into the unknown. I know no one in Detroit. The only other time in my life where I took a step like this was when I left the comfortable FAITH BIBLE CAMP and walked into CAMP KEARNEY. I think i'm scared of taking this new step because i've seen how when I have taken new steps in the past God closes doors on places that I love. I'm not ready for more doors to be closed. What if I fall in love with the city of Detroit and I realize God wants to keep me there long term. What then?! Will I have to say goodbye to Camp Kearney like I did Faith Bible Camp and say hello to LifeBuilders? I am confident that I am following God's will, and that is the only thing that is bringing me peace. Next week I will drive out of central Illinois and enter into a city that is foreign to me. Yes I am scared, but even more I am excited. Who knew that a simple girl who grew up in a small town in Illinois would move to Detroit hoping to make a eternal impact. I am that girl, and I am moving to a new mission field. I will be extremely UN-comfortable for the first few weeks i'm sure, but by August first there will be tears in my eyes as I leave and head back to Moody. Only GOD knows my future, and for now I just have to walk forward... no looking back!

No comments:

Post a Comment