Friday, July 9, 2010

CAMP!

Thats right, I get to go to camp! I'm driving the van with 10 young girls to a camp about 3 hours north of here. The camp is called Cedar Ridge. They have made it possible for all of these girls to come for FREE! (normally the cost for each camper is $300) At first I wasn't going to be able to stay the week with them, which of course was disappointing for them and also for me, since I loooooove camp. But we just kept praying about it. Many of the girls have expressed that they are scared, and have said they will probably be homesick. Hearing that made me pray even more that I would be able to stay with them, to offer them a familiar face. That prayer was answered when the camp called and said they had a female staff back out at the last minute for the week that we will going. Since I have many, many years of camp experience they decided they would allow me to join their staff for the week. I'm very excited, i'll be in the cabin with the girls and will be able to help lead other program activities. I know how camp can have a positive influence on kids, (just look at me!) but I also know that one bad camp experience can ruin the experience for a child forever. So please pray that each girl would have a wonderful camp experience and would be open to the love of Jesus. My plan at camp is always by the end of the week each girl in my cabin will have heard the gospel clearly presented to her and have been shown love through Jesus Christ. I will be out of touch for the whole week, no internet, probably no cell phone signal. So just be patient and wait for me to return and I will hopefully be able to give you a positive report on CAMP!

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth! I just read all your blogs! I absolutely loved it! How encouraging and rewarding to read! God is using you in such an amazing way! I can only hope and pray that my life could be such an example as yours has been in just these past few weeks! He is working out loud in your life and it is so cool to see and hear about in these blogs! Keep me posted! Love ya and miss you so much this summer!<3

    ReplyDelete