Monday, July 26, 2010

A God encounter...

This morning I picked two girls up for Bible Study. Lately our Bible studies have been over breakfast at a local restaurant. Today we went to The Original Pancake House. We ordered, they choose blueberry pancakes, chocolate chip pancakes and I had fresh strawberry crepes (sorry to make your mouth water...). Once we ordered we pulled out our bibles and we read the story in John chapter 4 about the Samaritan woman. This story helped lead into so many other questions they had, and I was able to share in great detail who THE MESSIAH is and why HE came to the earth. It was a great study, most definitely. I am seeing the wheels turning in these girls heads as they are learning from God's word. I have seen great growth in their spiritual lives since i've been here.

So here is my God encounter for this morning... The waitress came to our table and asked if we needed anything else, and I told her we needed the bill. She looked at me with a big grin on her face and said "It has been taken care of." I looked at her with disbelief and surprisement, as she pointed behind us. She told us that the couple that had been sitting behind us had paid for our whole bill and said to tell us "God bless!". This was so cool for the girls to see. We have no idea who these people were, but God used them to encourage us this morning.
THEN... as I pulled up in front of the girls house, Cheronda said to me, "Miss Elizabeth, can we pray for the people that paid for our meal?" I said with tears in my eyes, yes that would be an excellent idea. So both the girls prayed and thanked God for the couple and asked God to bless them and encourage them.
PRAISE GOD, HE IS SO GOOD!






No comments:

Post a Comment